The American Advertising Federation
AAF Colorado Springs is an integral cog in the American Advertising Federation, the oldest and largest advertising trade association on earth. AAF has been bringing advertisers, agencies, the media and their service providers together to protect and promote the advertising industry for over 100 years. Welcome to the club.
The Pikes Peak Advertising Club, as it was originally named, was launched on April 26, 1961. On August 1, 2010, the official name was changed to AAF Colorado Springs (AAFCOS).
Our local chapter is an affiliate of the American Advertising Federation, making all AAFCOS members part of the nationwide network of over 50,000 professionals, 200 local chapters, 100 corporate members and 200 college chapters. The National AAF organization stands to be the unifying voice for advertising and holds firm to their mission of protecting and promoting the well being of advertising nation-wide. AAFCOS is part of the AAF District 12, which includes Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming and El Paso.
AAF Colorado Springs is dedicated to inspiring, motivating and educating local businesses, advertising professionals and creative about our industry. Because we believe great advertising is possible in every market, and that great work should be nurtured, we have continued providing our members with superior opportunities for cultivating creativity, networking, exchanging ideas, industry recognition, professional placement and ongoing education.
- To raise the standards of advertising practice by improving the ability of advertising people
- To stimulate more effective advertising through the exchange of new ideas and techniques of marketing
- To encourage better public understanding of advertising’s role in the economic system
- To serve community causes through the specialization skills of advertising people
- To help students engage in the study of advertising and related fields
- To make contributions and to assist other non-profit organizations in our community whenever possible